Here's what I learned when doing my research:
- Power is irrelevant. Any decent vacuum that is not a total piece of junk will have enough power. What sets Miele apart from the competition are other things:
- Noise level. The Miele really is significantly quieter than my previous vacuum. I live in an apartment with shared walls and could never vacuum at night. Now I can.
- Exhaust direction. I have hardwood floors and the fact that the exhaust of the Miele points UP means that it doesn't scatter dirt into the air like my previous vacuum cleaner. With my previous vacuum, I would do all the floors and then 30 minutes later it would be covered in dirt again once the dust settled. Not so with the Miele.
- The parquet floor brush is great for hardwood floors. Well worth it.
- Variable power. Being able to turn DOWN the suction power is actually very useful. For example, if you're vacuuming a door mat, you can just turn it down so it doesn't suck the mat up into the vacuum (like my previous vacuum did).
Here are the very minor issues I have with it:
- The power cord is a bit too short. I have to replug once to do my 700 sq ft. apartment.
- There is no way to know if the vacuum is in the on or off position when it is not plugged in. So if the power button got bumped while it was unplugged, then it might turn on the moment you plug it in next time.
- At $600, they could've included a simple pouch to store the powerhead and parquet brush.
- The box had a lot of empty space in it. So now I have to store a big box.
(13 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0
More Detail For Miele S2180 Titan Canister Vacuum Chili Red
- EB 217-3 powerbrush provides outstanding performance on high pile carpeting and smooth flooring
- Parquet floor brush with natural fiber bristles gently cleans hard floors
- Active HEPA filter combines odor absorbing Generally Activated Charcoal with HEPA filtration that captures and retains 99.99% of allergens and lung-damaging particles
- Deluxe ergonomic handle keeps the strain off your wrist while cleaning
- Rotary dial suction control adjusts the Miele S2 S2180 Titan vacuum cleaner to six power levels
HP Officejet J5780 All in One Printer Fax Scanner Copier Q8232A ABA
Mario Super Sluggers
Ni Hao Kai Lan Super Game Day
A920 3 in 1 Color Inkjet Printer
Nikon Coolpix S220 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.5 inch LCD Plum
Wii Riiser Aerobic Step for the Wii Fit Balance Board
Where s Waldo
Canon PowerShot A470 7.1MP Digital Camera with 3.4x Optical Zoom Gray
Canon BJC 85 Portable Color Bubble Jet Printer
Rainbow E Series Water Filtration Canister Vacuum Cleaner With Warranty
Wii Fishing Rod with Reel
Miele S163 Universal Mini Upright Vacuum Black
Wii Guitar Hero 5 Guitar Bundle