Here's what I learned when doing my research:
- Power is irrelevant. Any decent vacuum that is not a total piece of junk will have enough power. What sets Miele apart from the competition are other things:
- Noise level. The Miele really is significantly quieter than my previous vacuum. I live in an apartment with shared walls and could never vacuum at night. Now I can.
- Exhaust direction. I have hardwood floors and the fact that the exhaust of the Miele points UP means that it doesn't scatter dirt into the air like my previous vacuum cleaner. With my previous vacuum, I would do all the floors and then 30 minutes later it would be covered in dirt again once the dust settled. Not so with the Miele.
- The parquet floor brush is great for hardwood floors. Well worth it.
- Variable power. Being able to turn DOWN the suction power is actually very useful. For example, if you're vacuuming a door mat, you can just turn it down so it doesn't suck the mat up into the vacuum (like my previous vacuum did).
Here are the very minor issues I have with it:
- The power cord is a bit too short. I have to replug once to do my 700 sq ft. apartment.
- There is no way to know if the vacuum is in the on or off position when it is not plugged in. So if the power button got bumped while it was unplugged, then it might turn on the moment you plug it in next time.
- At $600, they could've included a simple pouch to store the powerhead and parquet brush.
- The box had a lot of empty space in it. So now I have to store a big box.
(13 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0
More Detail For Miele S2180 Titan Canister Vacuum Chili Red
- EB 217-3 powerbrush provides outstanding performance on high pile carpeting and smooth flooring
- Parquet floor brush with natural fiber bristles gently cleans hard floors
- Active HEPA filter combines odor absorbing Generally Activated Charcoal with HEPA filtration that captures and retains 99.99% of allergens and lung-damaging particles
- Deluxe ergonomic handle keeps the strain off your wrist while cleaning
- Rotary dial suction control adjusts the Miele S2 S2180 Titan vacuum cleaner to six power levels
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
HP Jetdirect 635N Internal Printer Server. Up To 1000MBPS Through Put. Eio Comp
HP Deskjet D4260 Printer CB641A B1H
Wii Energy Pak for Wii Balance Board
Lexmark X3470 Color All in One Inkjet Printer
Rock Band Stool
Casio EX Z33SR 10.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.5 inch LCD Silver
Official Wii Component Video Cable
Hoover U8351 900 Windtunnel 2 Extra Reach Bagless Upright Vacuum
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Bissell 3554 Lift Off Upright Vacuum with Detachable Canister Vacuum
Dell Inspiron iM1012 687IBU Mini 1012 10.1 Inch Ice Blue Netbook Up to 8 Hours 8 Minutes of Battery Life
Dodge Racing Charger vs. Challenger